What is the Clearing & Settlement Working Group (CAS-WG)
The aim of the CAS-WG is to debate and discuss all aspects of clearing and settlement infrastructures and processes. The organisation and operation will be similar to the MiFID Joint Working Group and its Subject Groups that operated in the build-up to the implementation of the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID), with the intention of bringing together the top industry standards bodies, trade associations, infrastructures, investment firms and companies involved in Clearing and Settlement.
The CAS-WG will provide an opportunity for open discussion and debate amongst senior market practitioners and service providers on issues affecting Clearing and Settlement.
More importantly, the aim is to create multiple specialist groups that will work on specific areas of interest- standards, technologies, reference data, custodial services, etc- between each of the main plenary meetings of the CAS-WG.
- How's your online bank security looking? The Dutch studied theirs and... yeah, not great
- Come to France post-Brexit, banks urged
- HSBC faces FCA probe into anti-money laundering controls as profits plunge
- Bank of England 'has improved' its economic forecasting
- Australia is the most popular country for the world's millionaires, study finds
- HSBC's 2016 profit slumps 62 percent on writedowns, Hong Kong shares slide
- Lloyds boosted by lower PPI payments
- TransferWise launches international money transfers via Facebook
- Digital bank Atom tries to find its voice with £4m Will.i.am deal
- Is this the end for high-street banking?
- Wells Fargo fund business on the defensive amid sales scandal
- Royal Bank of Scotland confirms plan to stop sale of Williams & Glyn