What is the Clearing & Settlement Working Group (CAS-WG)
The aim of the CAS-WG is to debate and discuss all aspects of clearing and settlement infrastructures and processes. The organisation and operation will be similar to the MiFID Joint Working Group and its Subject Groups that operated in the build-up to the implementation of the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID), with the intention of bringing together the top industry standards bodies, trade associations, infrastructures, investment firms and companies involved in Clearing and Settlement.
The CAS-WG will provide an opportunity for open discussion and debate amongst senior market practitioners and service providers on issues affecting Clearing and Settlement.
More importantly, the aim is to create multiple specialist groups that will work on specific areas of interest- standards, technologies, reference data, custodial services, etc- between each of the main plenary meetings of the CAS-WG.
- Wells Fargo chief forfeits $41m amid corruption probe
- Like dodgy plumbing, Deutsche Bank will be expensive to fix - but not impossible
- Standard Chartered shares slump amid fears over US bribery probe
- RBS to pay $1.1 billion to resolve U.S. regulator's mortgage cases
- Eurozone risks collapse into prosperous north and stagnant south, warns Varoufakis
- Anger in China over peer-to-peer lending losses
- Banker 'corrupted by boys' jollies perks'
- Britain leaps into seventh place in competitiveness rankings as powerhouses Germany and Japan slip
- HSBC calls for revamp of financial crime rules
- Wells Fargo hit with class action lawsuit over sales practices
- Banking fraud and corruption trial starts
- China's economic down is my biggest fear, says Rogoff