What is the Clearing & Settlement Working Group (CAS-WG)
The aim of the CAS-WG is to debate and discuss all aspects of clearing and settlement infrastructures and processes. The organisation and operation will be similar to the MiFID Joint Working Group and its Subject Groups that operated in the build-up to the implementation of the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID), with the intention of bringing together the top industry standards bodies, trade associations, infrastructures, investment firms and companies involved in Clearing and Settlement.
The CAS-WG will provide an opportunity for open discussion and debate amongst senior market practitioners and service providers on issues affecting Clearing and Settlement.
More importantly, the aim is to create multiple specialist groups that will work on specific areas of interest- standards, technologies, reference data, custodial services, etc- between each of the main plenary meetings of the CAS-WG.
- After Renzi's referendum, what happens next to the Italian banks?
- RBS faces lengthy legal battle after some investors reject £800m rights issue settlement
- Banks and financiers pay more tax than ever as the City finally returns to pre-crash size
- Italian bank shares tumble after vote
- Amazon unveils plans for grocery shop with no checkouts
- Sleeping on toilet floors
- Carney warns about popular disillusion with capitalism
- Banks’ post-crisis consultancy spending hits $200bn
- City watchdog probed over property fund collapse
- Italy in race to seal €5bn bank bail-out after Referendum rejection
- RBS chiefs 'knew investment bank's head wasn't up to the job' in run-up to near collapse
- US banks face clash over EU regulations