What is the Clearing & Settlement Working Group (CAS-WG)
The aim of the CAS-WG is to debate and discuss all aspects of clearing and settlement infrastructures and processes. The organisation and operation will be similar to the MiFID Joint Working Group and its Subject Groups that operated in the build-up to the implementation of the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID), with the intention of bringing together the top industry standards bodies, trade associations, infrastructures, investment firms and companies involved in Clearing and Settlement.
The CAS-WG will provide an opportunity for open discussion and debate amongst senior market practitioners and service providers on issues affecting Clearing and Settlement.
More importantly, the aim is to create multiple specialist groups that will work on specific areas of interest- standards, technologies, reference data, custodial services, etc- between each of the main plenary meetings of the CAS-WG.
- Italy's Monte dei Paschi set to approve business plan
- Sweden holds out olive branch to Brexit Britain
- The eurozone is turning into a poverty machine
- Four reasons why banks won't leave the City of London after Brexit
- Treasury promotes Brexit mandarin Katharine Braddick to negotiate for the finance industry
- U.S. may delay fines on major banks for mortgage mis-selling: Sky News
- Visa profit, revenue beat analysts' estimates
- Italy's front line in fight to save banks: a storage room
- Goldman boss 'scared to death' of rogue employees
- Confusion reigns over RBS branch sale amid reports of EU-appointed trustee
- Regulators taking another look at costs of Wall Street safety rule
- Major banks mark first-ever international trade using blockchain tech