What is the Clearing & Settlement Working Group (CAS-WG)
The aim of the CAS-WG is to debate and discuss all aspects of clearing and settlement infrastructures and processes. The organisation and operation will be similar to the MiFID Joint Working Group and its Subject Groups that operated in the build-up to the implementation of the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID), with the intention of bringing together the top industry standards bodies, trade associations, infrastructures, investment firms and companies involved in Clearing and Settlement.
The CAS-WG will provide an opportunity for open discussion and debate amongst senior market practitioners and service providers on issues affecting Clearing and Settlement.
More importantly, the aim is to create multiple specialist groups that will work on specific areas of interest- standards, technologies, reference data, custodial services, etc- between each of the main plenary meetings of the CAS-WG.
- Bank cost-cutting threatens free cash machines
- World's top bankers excited over Trump presidency
- US bankers hatch two-stage Brexit plan for City
- Monte dei Paschi bailout 'not an EU fudge' says Dijsselbloem
- May's 'positive discussion' with banks
- Barclays boss: UK will remain financial lungs of Europe
- Are eight men as wealthy as half the world’s population?
- How the City of London hopes to navigate a hard Brexit
- Italy presents the European Union’s new bank-rescue rules with their first big test
- Regulatory settlements raise questions about America’s financial markets
- City banks warn of Brexit job moves
- Credit Suisse finalizes $5.3 billion mortgage deal with U.S.