What is the Clearing & Settlement Working Group (CAS-WG)
The aim of the CAS-WG is to debate and discuss all aspects of clearing and settlement infrastructures and processes. The organisation and operation will be similar to the MiFID Joint Working Group and its Subject Groups that operated in the build-up to the implementation of the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID), with the intention of bringing together the top industry standards bodies, trade associations, infrastructures, investment firms and companies involved in Clearing and Settlement.
The CAS-WG will provide an opportunity for open discussion and debate amongst senior market practitioners and service providers on issues affecting Clearing and Settlement.
More importantly, the aim is to create multiple specialist groups that will work on specific areas of interest- standards, technologies, reference data, custodial services, etc- between each of the main plenary meetings of the CAS-WG.
- These big banks are working on a digital currency together
- Lloyds Bank chief's lover faces calls to quit from university
- 90pc of bank customers unaware their income details are tracked and shared - and it's legal
- EU’s TTIP trade deal with the US has collapsed, says Germany
- Brexit may send EU 'down the drain' - German vice chancellor
- By singling out Apple over taxes, Brussels is abusing its own rules
- Negative interest rates could become the norm in downturns, warns ECB
- French support for the EU project is crumbling on the Left and Right
- Apple tackles iPhone one-tap spyware flaws
- Schooled in the short run, central banks struggle with a long-term role
- US criticises EU tax probes ahead of Apple ruling
- US online lending platforms take a hit